Medak Cathedral & Diocese
The foundation for the cathedral was laid in 1914 and was completed in 1924. The architecture and the old sculptor are gothic in style. The cathedral is considered to be the best in south East Asia. Rev. C.W. Posnett was the master builder.
The main tower of the cathedral is 175 ft. high with four pinnacles. The length and the width of the cathedral is 200 ft and 100 ft respectively. The mosaic tiles were imported from England in six different colours.Italian persons were engaged for decorating the flooring. The cathedral can accommodate 5,000 people and is one of the biggest in Asia.
The three magnificent stained glass window depicting different phases in the life of Lord Jesus Christ are framed at different period (Ascension -1927,Divinity -1947 and the crucifixion -1958).The designing of the windows is an excellent example of workmanship of Sir Frank.O.Salisbury of England.